What is a No Deposit Bonus?
A no deposit bonus usually consists of free spins or a set amount of money that you are given as a reward for signing up for a new account at an online casino, and which you can play with without having to deposit any of your own money.
What is its prime selling point?
The best thing about an online casino no deposit bonus is that you get to play with the casino’s money! You also have the opportunity to check out a site’s functionality and features, range of games, customer support, etc., without having to make any commitment. There is also the advantage that if you win and then decide to continue playing at a site, you can keep betting with the winnings you got from your bonus.
Listed below, you can find the best no deposit bonus offers currently available at our recommended online casinos.
Which casinos offer the best no deposit bonuses?
Many of the online casinos that we recommend offer new players a no deposit bonus as an incentive to register for a real money account. The quality and values of these offers changes quite often, so check out the table below with our recommendations for the best no deposit bonuses currently available.
No deposit pokies bonuses
Many of the no deposit bonuses on offer at our listed online casinos will give you a set number of free spins on a selected online pokie. The number of spins you can collect as part of this bonus will vary, but it can be as many as 100. The types of pokies games on which you can use your no deposit bonus spins varies too — it will generally be either a new release game that a casino is looking to promote, or a classic game that it knows is very popular and will draw players in.
In most cases, winnings from your no deposit bonus free spins will be capped, although if you decide to keep playing at a site and then make your first deposit, your winnings will be available to continue playing with.
What is a no deposit bonus
A no deposit bonus is any type of incentive or reward that is usually reserved for new players, and which allows you to have a limited number of free spins (usually on a designated online pokie, but sometimes on any game) without having to deposit any money. To claim a no deposit bonus, you will still need to go through the full sign up process (which may include registering a credit card), but your free spins bonus is available to play with before you add any funds to your new account.
Rather than a set number of free spins, a no deposit bonus may instead allow you to play with a set number of credits, or to play for a limited period of time.
Why are no deposit bonuses they so popular
Getting a no deposit bonus as an incentive enables you to get a first-hand feel for an online casino at which you haven’t played before without having to commit or it costing you any money.
The overall value of a no deposit bonus will usually be determined by how many free spins you get, the rate at which winnings are capped, and the amount you are required to deposit in order to play on with the winnings from your bonus.
Therefore, the quality and value of deals vary from site to site and can change quite regularly, and so one of best ways to take advantage of no deposit bonuses is to read our reviews and recommendations to make sure that you’re getting the best possible value currently available.
Where to find no deposit bonuses
When it comes to finding the best no deposit bonuses, you have a couple of options. You can bookmark the sites of every New Zealand online casino, check back there regularly, read all of their promotions pages to see which offers have changed or been updated, and then make your decision.
On the other hand, you can simply check here on www.pokies-online.co.nz, as we’ve already done all that work for you! We review and monitor the sign up deals and no deposit bonus offers at all the best New Zealand online casinos, and we recommend the ones that we think give you the best overall value. That’s got to be easier than doing all the work yourself!
Can you keep your winnings with a no deposit bonus?
Generally speaking, you can keep any winnings you make from a no deposit bonus, although it isn’t quite as straightforward as it sounds. It’s usually the case that if you want to do this, you will then have to make a first deposit into your account in order to carry on playing. Also, as well as being capped, you will tend to find that winnings from a no deposit bonus are non-cashable i.e., while you can use them to play with, the amount that you won can’t be withdrawn, even after you meet the wagering requirements.
How to claim no deposit bonuses
In order to claim a no deposit bonus at one of our recommended New Zealand online casinos, you should follow these steps:
- Once you’ve found a no deposit bonus offer that you like the look of by reading our reviews and recommendations, click on our unique link through to the casino site. If you require a bonus code to activate the bonus, take a note of this, as you will need to enter it when you sign up.
- Begin the sign up process by clicking on ‘Register’, ‘Play Now’ or a similarly marked button.
- Complete your details, such as name, address, credit card, etc. Although you will be asked to provide payment details, this is for security purposes and to enable you to play real money games — no money will be taken from your card (apart from a tiny sum for verification).
- Go to your new casino account to check that your bonus has been activated. If you have been awarded a cash amount, that should now be available in your bonus account.
- If your no deposit bonus consists of free spins on a particular online pokie, then go to that game and open it. Your free spins should be visible in the credits.
- Start playing!
Understanding the fine print
- You will only be able to claim a no deposit bonus at an online casino once, and only if you’ve never held an account at that casino or with any of its associated or affiliated sites.
- Your winnings from a no deposit casino bonus will be capped. The amount varies, but is usually around $100.
- Winnings from most no deposit bonuses are non-cashable.
- If you want to continue playing with winnings, you will be required to make a deposit into your account, usually around $20. Anything you win from this point on will be subject to wagering requirements.
Although there are conditions attached to any no deposit bonus you claim, they still offer very good value. This is because you can play games with the casino’s money and have the opportunity to check out its full range of online pokies and other casino games without making a long-term commitment, or it costing you any money.